This useful guide for high school or college students diagnosed with attention deficit disorder or learning disabilities will provide the information they need to survive and thrive in the college setting. The Survival Guide is filled with practical suggestions and tips from an experienced specialist in the field and from college students who also suffer from these difficulties.
This book will help ADD and LD students to:
- choose the right college
- assess the services a college offers
- arrange for extended-time exams
- schedule classes advantageously
- select an appropriate major
- work with a career counselor
- initiate and maintain helpful relationships with professors
Many valuable suggestions on how students can help themselves are also included in the Survival Guide. These include ways to study, how to manage time, overcoming procrastination, organizing oneself, resisting temptation, minimizing distractions, reducing frustrations, building a support network, learning self-advocacy, scheduling extracurricular activities, and choosing part-time employment.